Englishtec 2018-02-12 07:21:35
1. achieve something有成就 2．be about to do sth即将要做某事
3．accumulate wealth积累财富 4．equal __等同于
5．account ___导致；做出解释 6．to be honest说实话
7．as ___关于；至于 8．deal with处理
9．bring up抚养；培养；教育；提出 10．have an effect on对……有影响
11．__ the contrary与此相反；正相反 12．even if即使
13．__ accident偶然；无意中；不小心 14．online shopping网上购物
15．bring...__...给……带来…… 16．take a chance冒险
17．make a bet打赌 18．benefit ____从……中受益
19．hold different opinions on对……持有不同的意见
20．with the development of economy随着经济的发展
1. People often say time is money，but in fact time is more valuable than money.
2. Different people hold different opinions on money.
3. However，others think money is not the most important for the reason that health and
intelligence are vital to people.
4. If I had the chance to get that money，I would first set aside some of them for my university
education and then donate the rest to the children who suffered from a devastating
earthquake last May.
5. Finally, a healthy body is also necessary for accumulating wealth.
6. Therefore health is much more important than wealth.因此，健康远比财富重要。
7. Talking of wasting money，my buying this car is a case in point.Every day I spend money on my car.
8. With the development of the Internet，many individuals favour online shopping because online shopping is more convenient and can save shoppers' time.
Today，I am going to introduce you a novel called “The Million Pound Bank Note” written by Mark Twain. Through humorous and sarcastic language，Mark Twain successfully described a fortuitous adventure of Henry Adams，a poor American young man in London. Two rich men in London had a bet on him and wanted to see what would become of him a month later if they gave him a million pound bank note which couldn't be cashed. A month later，Henry wasn't starved，nor arrested，but became a millionaire instead. What's more，he even won the love of a pretty lady. This is a brief introduction to the story and I hope you will enjoy reading this representative work of Mark Twain.